Reporting to the Head of Planning & Business Performance, the Resource Planning Manager will oversee the entire planning cycle of the customer contact centres including forecasting, scheduling, real-time management and continuous improvement. Planning for circa 250 contact centre advisors, this role forms a key part of ensuring we have the right pe
Affinity Water is the UK’s largest water only service provider, supplying 950 million of litres of water to 3.6 million customers across Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey and a number of the London Boroughs. We receive around 1 million contacts a year from our customers and are looking for a Resource Planning Manager to lead our contact centre planning team to ensure we give every one of them the best possible start to their experience with Affinity.
Reporting to the Head of Planning & Business Performance, the Resource Planning Manager will oversee the entire planning cycle of the customer contact centres including forecasting, scheduling, real-time management and continuous improvement. Planning for circa 250 contact centre advisors, this role forms a key part of ensuring we have the right people, in the right place, at the right time. Acting as the ‘go to’ expert for the Senior Management Team, the role holder will play a crucial role in translating strategic direction into tactical and operational delivery plans, all the while looking for opportunities to make improvements to our existing processes and systems.
- Produce and maintain demand forecasts, ranging from short-term operational profiles to 5-year strategic outlooks.
- Continuously monitor and ensure that the right number of staff are available to resource the operation and meet agreed KPIs.
- Provide key input into annual budgeting processes, as well as business planning activity.
- Produce data reports and analyses on key resource metrics such as roster efficiency, cost to serve and forecast accuracy.
- Create and run scenarios and models to ensure the business’ resourcing strategy is optimised.
- Proactively monitor both supply and demand trends, providing insights and making recommendations to aid decision making.
- Create and sustain optimised roster patterns, aligned to both the needs of the business and the colleague satisfaction.
- Own the development and improvement of existing planning models, including demand conversion methodologies.
- Coach, develop and lead four Resource Planning Analysts located in Hatfield and Folkestone
- Recruitment planning, tracking, forecasting attrition and absence rates to ensure the timely intake of new people into the business
Skills and experience required
- An approachable leader, with a ‘can do’ attitude who leads by example.
- Obsessed with giving customers the best service possible.
- Experience of resource planning and demand forecasting, ideally within a contact centre or water industry environment.
- Outstanding analytical skills, with experience of dealing with complex data sets.
- An expert user of Microsoft Excel and workforce management systems.
- Proficient at working with complex roster patterns, scheduling, and resource models.
- Ability to translate complex processes into simple summaries.
- Highly organised, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with constant change, demonstrating an agile approach to their planning.
- Confident to constructively challenge those around them.
- Logical thinker with the ability to design and apply creative solutions.
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills in complex multi stakeholder environments.
We offer a highly competitive attraction package and fantastic benefits. If you would like to find out more, please send your c.v to: firstname.lastname@example.org