Asset Specialist – Climate Change and Carbon Manager
Affinity Water is pursuing an ambitious programme to deliver against its climate change objectives for both adaptation and mitigation. This includes the company’s plans for Net Zero by 2030 in line with the wider industry commitments and the plans to move to the management of embedded emissions by 2050.
Implementation, development and management of the company’s wider climate change strategy is a key part of our long-term goals and will be one of the linking themes in our PR24’s Business Plan. The Climate Change and Carbon Management post will play a key role in the delivery of our long-term strategy against our climate actions and they will work very closely with others in the team to support the wider environmental objectives and strategy in our PR24 Business Plan. They will also support engagement with our Regulators (Ofwat, EA, Defra, CCWater) and stakeholders (local councils, NGO), in matters relating to climate change and carbon management.
- Implementation and Development of our strategic approach to climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- Support the embedding of a climate conscious culture across the business and putting consideration of the climate at the core of what we do.
- Support implementation of our Net Zero Plan and identify opportunities for innovation
- Support delivery against regulatory req
- Requirements in WRMP, Price Review processes and during AMP cycles.
- Represent Affinity Water at a working level on relevant Water UK / wider industry groups on Climate Change and Carbon Management and through engagement with environmental regulators linked to our longer-term strategies.
- Lead the implementation and development of our climate change adaptation and mitigation work, including through Chairing working groups and supporting Steering Committee level engagement. Coordinate delivery, monitoring and reporting on these activities.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline. 10+ years of experience desirable.
- Policy and technical knowledge in climate change adaptation and mitigation including that related to greenhouse gas monitoring and reporting
- Ability to summarise technical information and effectively support briefing of senior leaders to support decision making.
- Experience of strategy implementation and development.
- Evidence of creative thought leadership and influencing direction of travel of an organisation.
- Experienced at influencing and managing relationships (and managing stakeholder engagement).
- Experienced in strategic planning, strategic management, and stakeholder management.
We would love to hear from you to tell you why Affinity Water is a incredible place to develop your career!
Please send your c.v to email@example.com