Asset Specialist - Natural Capital
Affinity Water is pursuing an ambitious programme to deliver against its climate change objectives for both adaptation and mitigation. This includes the company’s plans for Net Zero by 2030 in line with the wider industry commitments and the plans to move to the management of embedded emissions by 2050.
Implementation, development and management of the company’s wider climate change strategy is a key part of our long-term goals and will be one of the linking themes in our PR24’s Business Plan. The Climate Change and Carbon Management post will play a key role in the delivery of our long-term strategy against our climate actions and they will work very closely with others in the team to support the wider environmental objectives and strategy in our PR24 Business Plan. They will also support engagement with our Regulators (Ofwat, EA, Defra, CCWater) and stakeholders (local councils, NGO), in matters relating to climate change and carbon management.
- Implementation and Development of our strategic approach to climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- Support the embedding of a climate conscious culture across the business and putting consideration of the climate at the core of what we do.
- Support implementation of our Net Zero Plan and identify opportunities for innovation
- Support delivery against regulatory requirements in WRMP, Price Review processes and during AMP cycles.
- Actively engage with regulators, stakeholders, Water UK, NGO and public bodies to shape future industry approaches to climate change and carbon management
- Effectively communicate internally and externally on climate change. Support thought leadership within Affinity Water, including effective awareness raising and training programs to support a transition to a climate aware business state
- Represent Affinity Water at a working level on relevant Water UK / wider industry groups on Natural Capital and nature recovery and through engagement with environmental regulators linked to our longer-term strategies.
- Lead the development and implementation of our Natural Capital Strategy and action plan, including through Chairing working groups and supporting Steering Committee level engagement. Coordinate delivery, monitoring and reporting on this strategy.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline. 10+ years of experience desirable.
- Policy and technical knowledge in biodiversity, natural capital and nature recovery.
- Ability to summarise technical information and effectively support briefing of senior leaders to support decision making.
- Experience of strategy development and implementation.
- Evidence of creative thought leadership and influencing direction of travel of an organisation.
- Experienced at influencing and managing relationships (and managing stakeholder engagement).
- Experienced in strategic planning, strategic management, and stakeholder management.