We are looking for a skilled Resilience Framework Manager / Resilience Analyst / Risk Manager to join our talented Strategic Asset Management Team.
Leading the development of Affinity Water’s approach to resilience in the round through the development and continual improvement of a resilience framework. This framework will define our approach to how we identify and manage all significant risks to resilience across operational, corporate and financial elements. The role will also be responsible for identifying and adopting best practice from within the industry and beyond.
The role will also be responsible for articulating this approach to stakeholders, including our regulators as part of the price control process.
- Developing and refining Affinity Water’s overall approach to ‘Resilience in the Round’ in a single coherent framework that uses a systems-based approach to managing our significant risks.
- Work with colleagues across the business to understand our current approach to managing the significant risks to resilience that we face.
- Identify best practice from with and beyond the water industry in approaches to resilience and leading improvement activity within the business to adopt this.
- Communicate our approach to resilience in the round to internal and external stakeholders, including contributing to regulatory submissions such as the PR24 business plan.
- Be an ambassador for resilience within the business, helping our teams understand the approach to resilience and the core principles of managing risk.
- Represent Affinity Water at relevant industry working groups
- Whilst the role is primarily based at Head Office in Hatfield, frequent travel to operational sites and regional offices will be required. Occasional working from home will be possible, with an expectation that at least 3 days per week will be in the office or on site, whilst maintaining flexibility to fit in with the team and stakeholder requirements to achieve objectives within timescales
- Participation in out of hours standby rota, subject to training and experience
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- Knowledge in risk management approaches across a wide range of risk types
- Capabilities and experience in setting and communicating strategy and framework-based approaches
- Knowledge of Water Industry assets, equipment, and processes
- Full UK driving licence.
- Demonstrable leadership
Key Success Measures:
- Identification, development and continual improvement of infrastructure asset strategies with broad support from within the business.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Educated to degree level in relevant Engineering subject
IAM, APM, Prince 2 or other relevant professional body.
MS Office, Intermediate Excel.
Various data systems, telemetry, databases, reporting software
Comprehensive regulatory knowledge and continuing professional development in regulatory expectations. Develop asset strategies that are legally sound and that minimise business risk.
Experience of stakeholder management. Able to understand and manage competing stakeholder views for best company outcomes.
Strong understand of, and experience working on, water networks (e.g. operational or capital delivery roles)
Understanding of water treatment processes, engineering assets, and industry regulations
If this role sounds of interest, please do send your c.v to Dawn.firstname.lastname@example.org