Leading the identification of need, development, and maintenance of strategies for the stewardship of the company’s infrastructure asset base and to ensure strategic alignment to meet or outperform Performance Commitments and other obligations. These strategies will be the initial vision of managing cost, risk and performance to meet our regulatory, corporate targets and obligations, where effective asset management is a key component of meeting these targets, in alignment with existing long-term strategies including WRMP.
- Development of strategies for the stewardship of the company’s infrastructure asset base, balancing cost, risk and performance.
- Innovate and develop methodologies to continually improve the maturity of our long-term asset strategies.
- Engage with key stakeholders across the business to define our long-term strategic ambitions as relate to infrastructure assets, in alignment with our SDS, SAMP, obligations and customer expectations.
- Work with asset resilience colleagues to ensure key risks are effectively understood and managed with regard to infrastructure assets, adopting a systems-based approach to understanding and management of these risks in line with our resilience framework
- Undertake scenario-based adaptive planning to articulate the core and alternative pathways for the significant base and enhancement activity required across the 25-year period, engaging with and aligning to WRMP as appropriate.
- Work with the non-infra Strategy Manager, WRMP and Regulation teams, contributing to a combined ‘long-term delivery strategy’ that bring together our adaptive plans and effectively justify our PR24 enhancement schemes within this context.
- Development of asset and output strategies to a point where they can be translated effectively into tactical plans for optioneering, costing and implementation.
- Ensure carbon reduction, natural capital and partnership working are critical considerations in the development of asset and output strategy.
- Ensure future industry and external changes in direction of travel relevant to our infrastructure asset base are tracked and known about early to ensure timely development of new strategies or changes to existing strategy.
- Motivate and manage a small team of professionals, promoting strategic problem solving.
- Recognised as the ambassador for asset strategies, promoting asset management as a profession and a discipline that adds value to the organisation.
- Whilst the role is primarily based at Head Office in Hatfield, frequent travel to operational sites and regional offices will be required. Occasional working from home will be possible, with an expectation that at least 3 days per week will be in the office or on site, whilst maintaining flexibility to fit in with the team and stakeholder requirements to achieve objectives within timescales
- Participation in out of hours standby rota, subject to training and experience
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Degree level education in a relevant engineering subject
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- Capabilities and experience in setting and communicating long-term strategy
- Knowledge of Water Industry assets, equipment, and processes
- Full UK driving licence.
- Demonstrable leadership
Key Success Measures:
- Identification, development and continual improvement of infrastructure asset strategies with broad support from within the business.
If you are interested in finding out more, please send your c.v to: firstname.lastname@example.org