Our Water Resources team is helping to steer Affinity Water through its largest and most interesting challenges; identifying, defining and promoting the demand management and new infrastructure schemes that are needed to let the business adapt to the challenges of environmental need, climate change and growth.
We are looking to recruit someone to lead on the development of this strategy within our Water Resources Management Plan team contributing to the production and delivery of our statutory WRMP and our major water resource development schemes. You will have overall responsibility for the technical management of our forecasts and strategy and will co-ordinate a wide range of investigations and inputs from within the business and external consultants. You will also be asked to actively participate and contribute to Affinity Water’s involvement in regional water resource planning.
You will be providing a focus on value delivery and execution whilst maintaining attention to detail and data. You will have an analytical approach and produce meaningful reports which can enable good decision making. You will be able to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and communicate technical information effectively and in an understandable manner.
- Experience of Water Resources Management Planning or similar water industry activity e.g. drought planning, wastewater management plans
- Ability to summarise technical information and effectively support briefing of senior leaders to support decision making
- Experience of strategy implementation and development.
- Proven experience within a regulated (and/or competitive) industry
- Comfortable working at a pace and within a regularly ambiguous environment
- Comfortable managing uncertainty
- Member of / affiliation to an environment management body (desirable)
Closing date for applications is 23:59 on 3rd July